Costa Rica Yoga Retreat : Nov 10-17, 2018
Leave your stress far behind and immerse yourself in the exquisite natural beauty of Central America! Nurture, pamper, and rejuvenate your senses at Ama Tierra, your home away from home for the week: a rural, holistic eco-resort where you can reconnect to your most vibrant self. This retreat is for those who are craving spaciousness, ease, and clarity for head, heart, and spirit. Twice daily yoga, guided meditation, nourishing meals, great company, soothing massage, and the gift of time to truly dive deep into a slower pace.
Eight days, seven nights in paradise, surrounded by the lush, natural beauty of the Costa Rican mountains. Ama Tierra is a cozy and welcoming yoga retreat and wellness center nestled on eight verdant acres, situated 1 hour west of the capital city of San Jose, and 1 hour north of the Central Pacific beaches. Translated to mean "beloved earth", this special eco-resort features an infinity pool, dining/activity room, balcony with breathtaking views, organic greenhouse, and ten private casitas. Surrounded by tropical flora and fauna, you'll enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and get in touch with the sweet, slow rhythm of nature.
- Day 1 – Arrival Day :: Saturday, November 10
- Arrive at San José Airport (SJO); group shuttle to Ama Tierra*
- 2:00 pm onward : Check in
- Evening orientation to Ama Tierra with our hosts
- 7:00 pm : Welcome dinner
- Day 2 through Day 7 :: Sunday, November 11, through Friday, November 16
- 7:30 am : Morning yoga, movement, & meditation (75 minutes)
- 9:00 am : Breakfast
- 1:00 pm : Lunch
- 5:15 pm : Evening yoga, movement, & meditation (75 minutes)
- 7:00 pm : Dinner
Midday can be spent relaxing on site, or away adventuring in the area. Optional activities are numerous and may be planned on arrival (see below).
- Day 8 – Departure Day :: Saturday, November 17
- 8:00 am : Closing circle, meditation, & yoga
- 9:00 am : Breakfast
- Afternoon : Check out; group shuttle to SJO Airport*
One day (TBD) will be a full free day "off", with no yoga. Breakfast and dinner will be served that day, along with a light lunch for those who choose to stay on site. Those who choose to go off site on this free day (or any other day!) can coordinate lunch on their own / with their respective excursion adventures.
*Please see Transportation section below.
YOGA & MASSAGE
Nicole Bratt, E-RYT-200 / RYT-500, will lead twice daily yoga, movement, and meditation practices from the magnificent open-air studio pavilion with its inspiring views of the mountains. Perhaps you'll catch a glimpse of the exotic tropical birds that inhabit the area! Your morning practice will be alignment-based, Hatha-influenced yoga and movement; your evening practice will be gentle and slow, and will include Restorative postures. Each practice will offer modifications and options suitable for beginners and those working with injuries or physical limitations, and conclude with a seated meditation and savasana.
Yoga mats, straps, and blocks will be provided; you may be asked to bring other minimal props.
A limited number of private lessons with Nicole will be also offered on-site.
All guests receive a one-hour therapeutic massage from the welcoming staff at Ama Tierra as part of their retreat package. Massages will be scheduled on-site. Guests are welcome to book additional bodywork or a longer massage, for an additional fee.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided daily, catered by our lovely hosts at Ama Tierra. Meals will be organic and locally sourced, whenever possible. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free diets can all be accommodated. Please note, if you opt to take a day adventure/excursion, lunch with be on your own.
Some healthy snacks, bottled water, tea, and coffee will be provided and available throughout the week.
Wine and beer will be available for purchase on-site.
The nearest airport is in San José, Costa Rica's vibrant capital city: Juan Santamaría International Airport (code: SJO). Roundtrip flights average $500-750 RT from Seattle, $350-$600 RT from San Francisco, and $300-500 RT from Chicago O'Hare during this time of year. Airfare is not included in the retreat price.
Private group ground transportation to and from the SJO airport is included in your stay. Ama Tierra is roughly one hour drive from San José. Exact timing for our group shuttles will be determined at a future date, based on our group's flight information as flights are booked.
- Departing SJO : Saturday, Nov 10
- To SJO : Saturday, Nov 17
Guests will be able to book and coordinate other local transportation on-site with our hosts, as needed for any optional activities. Some tours may include pick up from our retreat location. Guests are welcome to rent a car on their own, if so desired!
If you are unable to make the retreat group shuttles, a private shuttle to/from SJO can be coordinated for an additional fee.
About COSTA RICA
Costa Rica is a rugged, rainforested Central American country with coastlines on the Caribbean and Pacific, and is known for its beaches, volcanoes, and incredible biodiversity. Roughly a quarter of its area is made up of protected jungle, teeming with wildlife including spider monkeys, quetzal birds, iguanas, butterflies, and sloths.
This area is abundant with adventures and activities, bound to appeal to yogis of all kinds! Whether you choose to stay or leave the scenic grounds of Ama Tierra, here are just some of your options:
- On-site massage, bodywork, or herbal medicine treatments
- Horseback riding
- Turubari Park – eco-adventure experiences
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens & Peace Lodge
- Poas Volcano (if open)
- Day trip to explore Carara National Park Jungle
- Surfing / Snorkeling / Kayaking
- Visit the Doka Coffee Estate
- Take a beach day!
- Tour historic San Jose
There are ten (10) total guest rooms. Each room includes two queen beds, sitting patio, private bathroom with tub and shower, screened windows, DVD player, mini fridge, and ceiling fan. Guests rooms are arranged throughout the property in duos, two private rooms in each of the five guest casitas. Please note: Some casitas are accessible only via stairs, so please be sure to note any accessibility preferences in your registration form!
- Double occupancy (shared room with one other guest) :
- Early bird : $1,370 (paid in full before July 15)
- Regular : $1,520 (paid in full on or after July 15)
- Single occupancy (private room) : SOLD OUT!
- SOLD OUT - Early bird : $1,620 (paid in full before July 15)
- SOLD OUT - Regular : $1,770 (paid in full on or after July 15)
- Non-yoga guest (shared room only; yoga practices not included) :
- Early bird : $1,120 (paid in full before July 15)
- Regular : $1,270 (paid in full on or after July 15)
Above rates are per person.
Room partners may be requested on the registration form.
Maximum occupancy for this retreat is 18 guests.
REGISTRATION & Payment
- Complete and submit the registration form.
- Submit your payment of either the full amount, partial payment, or your downpayment of $500:
- Venmo : @Nicole-Bratt
- Cash.me : $NicoleBratt
- Mail a check (payable to Nicole Bratt) : 409 10th Ave E, Apt 306, Seattle WA 98102
- PayPal is available for a small fee. Please contact Nicole for details.
Receipt of your $500 downpayment secures your reservation. You may make installment payments, if desired. Please note, however, in order for early bird rates to apply, you must be paid in full before July 15, 2018.
Final balance payments must be received by Saturday, September 1, 2018.
REFUND POLICY: Full refunds — less a $250 administrative fee — are available up to 60 days prior to the retreat; no refunds thereafter.
Please contact Nicole.